Decking Boards for Public and Recreation Areas
Choosing the right decking boards for any area that is going to be used by the public is a crucial decision for several reasons:
- Public safety. For decking that is going to accommodate passing foot traffic or recreational activity, the deck boards must have the highest anti-slip rating possible so as to avoid accidents and injury.
- Toughness and durability. Decking in public areas has to be able withstand constant use and abuse. For reasons of cost and convenience, it must not be prone to wear and tear that demands constant maintenance and repair.
- Longevity. You do not want the continual cost of having to replace deck boards that have become rotten, jaded, stained, discoloured or weathered or accumulated marks, mold, scrapes and scratches. This is particularly so because with many man-made types of decking boards, such as PVC, it is often a matter of having to replace entire sections, while timber decking demands regular re-painting or staining to keep it in good condition.
- Beauty. The aesthetics and appeal of your decking structure is important. Does it look beautiful? Will it stay looking beautiful year in and year out despite the pounding it is going to take from the elements and from the people who are going to use the space you have created? If you are going to use synthetic decking because of its many advantages over natural timber, does it convincingly replicate natural timber’s charm and warmth?
TECHNICALLY ADVANCED DECKING BOARDS
Technical advance has enabled us to produce state-of-the-art composite decking boards that thoroughly satisfy the above needs.
Created from a blend of polyurethane and certain minerals, our deck boards are tough, light and easy to install. Molded from samples of real weathered hardwood, they accurately replicate its grain and texture. Careful hand-colouring enables each deck board to convincingly reproduce the subtle and infinitely varied hues and shading of mature natural hardwood.
The deck boards are given state-of-the-art, non-porous coatings that combine toughness and durability with powerful mold- and rot-resistance and the highest anti-slip rating.
What all this amounts to is composite decking boards that have all the advantages you need for any decking construction in areas used by the public: boardwalks, mezzanines, balconies, patios, recreational areas, landing stages, pedestrian bridges, pool sides and so on. Those qualities include:
- Has top-of-the-range anti-slip rating
- Is highly resistant to scuffs, marks and scratches
- Does not fade, discolour or tarnish
- Does not require any painting, staining, varnishing or preservative treatment
- Does not play host to mold, bugs or algae
- Requires virtually no maintenance
- Is very easy to clean and keep clean
- Very accurately captures the look, feel and texture of real seasoned hardwood.
- Is available in a range of textures and colours from which to select the look and style that is just right for your decking project.
Balcony Systems decking boards, fascias, steps and edges are ideal for any decked area used by the public for service, leisure, recreation or any other purposes.
For more information about Balcony Systems’ decking boards and materials or for a free quotation, please contact us now.
Composite Decking Review | Decking Reviews | Balcony System
Design and installation of the Balustrades with wide deck creating a feature of allowing the garden to be appreciated....
Glass Fencing Ideas
From traditional handrail glass fence panels to barely-there frameless designs, glass fencing complements a broad range of architectural sty...
Gold Certification and Hybrid® Glass Balustrading
Following its Gold accreditation, Balcony Systems was quick to secure the contract to supply a Hybrid® Glass balustrading system selected fo...
Glass Balustrades Compliance Checklist
Six important points to check when purchasing a glass balustrade. We hope it will be of use in sourcing your balustrading product of choice....
Self-Cleaning Glass Windows
Watermarks, dust and grime really show up in the sunshine. Instead of enjoying your day, you end up calling a window cleaner or getting out ...
Balcony Systems create glass balustrades along with handrails and sometimes, support posts. Our glass balustrades are supported at the top a...
Cool Composite Decking Accessories
Our cool composite decking accessories can save you an enormous amount of time when you plan everything out in advance! We have really thoug...
RSVP - Balconette's Open House Event
We’d like you to join us for our biggest ever Open House event on Friday 28th and Saturday 29th September 2018 from 10am – 4pm at our HQ in ...
Choosing Composite Decking
So you’re planning on adding composite decking to your home? Great plan! You’ve probably done the research between wood and composite deckin...
Glass Balustrades and Glass Balconies
Glass balcony systems put Balcony Systems on the map! We are very open with our costs as we believe this is one of our advantages too. A “gl...
Balustrading and wind Loads
Designing balustrades to meet wind load requirements is a crucial part of our job. Now, in BS6180:2011 it is required that wind loads are in...
Loft Juliet Balcony in London
Balcony Systems Solutions Ltd supplied a clear glass Juliet balcony for a South London family whose major home extension project was featured on Channel 4's Double Your House for Half the Money with Sarah Beeny. >>
Frameless Glass Balustrade
This low-maintenance frameless glass balustrade system uses nearly eight metres of SG12 21.5mm toughened laminated glass. The need for cleaning is reduced further with the application of BalcoNano self-cleaning glass coating â€“ an ideal choice for an outdoor balustrade. >>
So Much More Than a Curved Glass Door
Visitors to a new cliff-face extension at the Tate St Ives art gallery in Cornwall are brought closer to the Atlantic Ocean through an impressive curved sliding glass door. >>