AEROFOIL SYSTEM GLASS BALUSTRADE INSTALLATION
The below is a concise summary of how to install the Aerofoil system glass balustrade. Please download and read the Pdf instructions and watch the installation video prior to installing.
- Place the Aerofoil system glass balustrade handrail (116mm wide) on the balcony or floor in the correct position to ensure that dimensions fit
- Mark lines on the inside and outside of the handrail line for later positioning of bottom track
- Mark the handrail position at the correct height - use a level
- On both sides where the handrail fixes to the wall - fix the stainless steel end angle brackets firmly to wall
- Lift handrail and drop onto angle brackets
- Drill 4mm holes through brackets into handrail, fix together with 4.8mm self tap screws, do this both sides. If the balustrade is large or a shape that will sag, you will need to prop up the handrail until the glass is fitted and siliconed in place.
- Mark the handrail position at the correct height - use a level,
- On both sides where the handrail fixes to the wall - fix the stainless steel end angle brackets firmly to wall,
- Place the handrail onto angle brackets
- If the balustrade is large or a shape that will sag, you will need to prop up the handrail until the glass is fitted and siliconed in place - Support the rest of the handrail so does not sag
- Drill 4mm holes through brackets into the underside of the handrail
- Using the 4.8mm self-tapping screws provided ?€“ screw the bracket into the handrail on both sides. Install/fix bottom track, use line made earlier. Ensure aligned with glass slot in handrail above.
- If in place - remove glazing beads top and bottom.
- Place two spacers for each glass on the bottom rail.
- Make sure you know where each glass is positioned.
- If required use extra spacers to clear any screw heads on the bottom track.
- One at a time place glasses in position each time using the small pieces of glazing beads provided and 3mm rubber gaskets to hold glass temporarily in place.
- In this fashion complete all the glasses and have them all in the correct position with temporary glazing beads and rubber ready to be aligned and straightened.
- Using the additional spacers provided level out and align all the glasses in such a way that you attain the gaps and spacings desired.
- Above the glass panels now place spacers between glass and handrail to ensure handrail is not resting on the glass and to prevent sagging.
- With neutral silicone, continuously and completely fill gap between top of glass and underside of handrail.
- With neutral silicone, continuously and completely fill gap between bottom of glass and track.
- Do not immediately replace the temporary beads with the full length ones
- Let the silicone set and dry.
- When silicone is completely dry, remove the temporary small glazing beads and rubber gaskets and Replace the full length glazing beads.
- Push in the internal 3mm rubber gaskets into handrail and bottom track, between glass and glazing beads, to ease the process you can use soapy water.
For any of your glass balustrade needs, please call 01342 410411
Glass Balustrades Review | Juliet Balcony Reviews | Balcony System
Balcony systems provided excellent help and support throughout the planning process and the products fitted perfectly. Terrific value for mo...
Glass Balustrades Review | Glass Balustrades Terrace Reviews | Balcony System
An impressive quality of materials and a wide range of first class products with easy to understand installation instructions. ...
Glass Balustrades Review | Frameless Glass Balustrades Reviews | Balcony System
A stunning look from Balcony System's Glass balustrades that blends in with the seaside environment. Great quality of products and service....
Frameless Glass Balustrades Review | Glass Balustrades Railings | Balcony System
An excellent after-sale service by replacing a frameless glass balustrades that corroded. The replacement was far more superior in quality a...
Glass Balustrade review | Terrace Glass Balcony Reviews | Balcony System
A nice and modern enclosure for a small balcony. Balconette's glass balustrade is solid, stunning ans child safe....
Glass Balustrades Reviews | Glass Juliet Balcony Review | Balcony System
Modern look, clear and bright, brings in light. Thanks to the glass balustrades the balcony looks bigger....
Aerofoil Glass Balcony Review | Juliet Glass Balconies | Balcony System
A superb Aerofoil glass balcony for a patio. The product looks great and has a quality look and feel to it....
Glass Balustrades Review | Glass Balcony Reviews | Balcony System
Top class technical support and service. 20 meter glass balustrade along the balcony. It is of high quality and looks stunning, admired by a...
Glass Balustrades Review | Balcony Customer Service | Balcony System
Balcony systems great customer service helped with interfaces and installation of glass balustrades....
Glass Balustrade Terrace | Glass Balustrades Review | Balcony System
A beautiful house with a glass balustrade terrace that brings in light. An extremely stylish and pleasant terrace to sit in. ...
Glass Fencing Ideas
From traditional handrail glass fence panels to barely-there frameless designs, glass fencing complements a broad range of architectural sty...
Gold Certification and Hybrid® Glass Balustrading
Following its Gold accreditation, Balcony Systems was quick to secure the contract to supply a Hybrid® Glass balustrading system selected fo...
Glass Balustrades Compliance Checklist
Six important points to check when purchasing a glass balustrade. We hope it will be of use in sourcing your balustrading product of choice....
Self-Cleaning Glass Windows
Watermarks, dust and grime really show up in the sunshine. Instead of enjoying your day, you end up calling a window cleaner or getting out ...
Balcony Systems create glass balustrades along with handrails and sometimes, support posts. Our glass balustrades are supported at the top a...
Cool Composite Decking Accessories
Our cool composite decking accessories can save you an enormous amount of time when you plan everything out in advance! We have really thoug...
RSVP - Balconette's Open House Event
We’d like you to join us for our biggest ever Open House event on Friday 28th and Saturday 29th September 2018 from 10am – 4pm at our HQ in ...
Choosing Composite Decking
So you’re planning on adding composite decking to your home? Great plan! You’ve probably done the research between wood and composite deckin...
Glass Balustrades and Glass Balconies
Glass balcony systems put Balcony Systems on the map! We are very open with our costs as we believe this is one of our advantages too. A “gl...
Balustrading and wind Loads
Designing balustrades to meet wind load requirements is a crucial part of our job. Now, in BS6180:2011 it is required that wind loads are in...
Loft Juliet Balcony in London
Balcony Systems Solutions Ltd supplied a clear glass Juliet balcony for a South London family whose major home extension project was featured on Channel 4's Double Your House for Half the Money with Sarah Beeny. >>
Frameless Glass Balustrade
This low-maintenance frameless glass balustrade system uses nearly eight metres of SG12 21.5mm toughened laminated glass. The need for cleaning is reduced further with the application of BalcoNano self-cleaning glass coating â€“ an ideal choice for an outdoor balustrade. >>
So Much More Than a Curved Glass Door
Visitors to a new cliff-face extension at the Tate St Ives art gallery in Cornwall are brought closer to the Atlantic Ocean through an impressive curved sliding glass door. >>